Bare-all weather is just around the corner which means you are starting to see more requests for bikini or Brazilian wax treatments. But which one wins the summer skin wax battle? We say they are both winners—it’s really all about preference. Read on for some tips from the Wax Queen on how to come out on top no matter what your clients choose.
If your clients aren’t sure which one is right for them, start by explaining the difference between a bikini and Brazilian wax. A bikini wax removes only the hair that is visible around the bikini area, while a Brazilian wax removes the hair from the entire genital region, (think navel to small of the back). Both use hard wax which is ideal for coarse hair and sensitive areas. Efficient and gentle, the use of an effective hard wax that pulls hair cleanly from the root will make this treatment in a sensitive area better for your clients.
With a bikini wax, clients can wear their underwear (be sure to take a wax strip and tie it through their underwear to give yourself a clear line to wax), whereas with a Brazilian they will be naked from the waist down, and will need to get up on their knees to wax their bottom area. Overall, a Brazilian wax means getting into a few positions your clients might find embarrassing at first, and it is our job to make them comfortable. If your client is a wax virgin, then it might be a good idea to start with a bikini wax and progress into the Brazilian. The Brazilian is also becoming more popular with men—although it requires a slightly different approach.
Both Are Winners
Benefits of a Bikini Wax:
- By removing hair from the root, a bikini wax means long-lasting, hair-free skin.
- It’s a faster and usually less painful treatment than a Brazilian wax. If properly done, they’ll end up with maximum results and minimal discomfort.
- There are many bikini wax styles to choose from. If your client is going this route be sure to share the options with them.
Benefits of a Brazilian Wax:
- Many say they like that it leaves them feeling clean and smooth all over.
- Waxing removes dead skin cells, so a Brazilian can promote less irritation and better skin health “down there.”
The Key to Success
It doesn’t matter which treatment your client chooses—remind them that proper pre and post-wax care is just as important. Together you can take steps to increase the benefits of both wax treatments and limit any unwanted bumps or breakouts after their treatment.